Point Foundation empowers promising lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer students to achieve their full academic and leadership potential – despite the obstacles often put before them – to make a significant impact on society.
Support the Development Director, Individual Giving, and the Development Department in meeting the goals of the organization's national individual giving program for $1,000+ major donors and prospects. Manage prospect research, develop prospect profiles, execute major donor cultivation and stewardship touchpoints such as digital outreach, in-person meetings, dinners, house parties and small events. The manager will also hold a portfolio of major donors and assist with the execution of the Point Honors Los Angeles gala.
Reports To: Development Director, Individual Giving
Status: Full-Time Administrative Exempt
Location: Los Angeles
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the Development Department’s overall strategy and execution of its fundraising goals by bringing knowledge of current donor trends and external influences to the department’s everyday operations
- Assist the Director with implementation and continued growth of an in-depth moves management and stewardship program for current and prospective major donors
- Manage donor research and profile generation for existing and prospective major donors
- Maintain and cultivate a portfolio of donors, with a focus on gifts of $1,000 or more from individual donors and family foundations, in coordination with the Development Director, Individual Giving
- Manage content development and logistics for in-person and online major donor engagement and cultivation activities including but not limited to, virtual meetings, in person dinners, house parties and site-specific events across the country
- Manage major donor acknowledgements from letter writing to mailing and coordinating phone calls for the CEO
- Provide support for planning and execution of Point Honors Los Angeles event, including outreach to prospective and past donors, tracking revenue and deliverables, and other tasks as appropriate
- Proficiency with Raisers Edge, including data entry, invoicing, gift and pledge entry, revenue reconciliation; tracking prospect assignments, including progress toward goals
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
- A demonstrated track record of fundraising is required
- Understanding of moves management and ability to solicit gifts
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills needed
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to grow and advance as a development professional
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Positive, cheerful and professional demeanor
- Willingness to commit to the goals of Point
- Knowledge of the LGBT community and related social issues
- Commitment to the mission of Point
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility of work schedule, as many events and opportunities to meet current and prospective donors take place in the evening and/or on weekends
- Flexibility to travel within the United States
- Persistence/tenacity – not giving up
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Awareness of politics
- Team environment and collaboration with other staff members
- Willing to have a “roll up the sleeves” team player attitude
- Setting clear and fair stretch goals
- Positive solutions-oriented attitude
- Managing time well
- Initiative/exhibiting a strong desire to achieve
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or comparable database
- Familiarity with prospect research tools/internet research
- Able to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to mobilize volunteers in a variety of fundraising capacities
- Demonstrated creativity, resourcefulness and flexibility
The purpose of this job description is to provide an overview of the scope of the position. This is not a comprehensive list of duties/responsibilities.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and a resume. Please use your cover letter as an opportunity to let us know why you would like to join our team at Point Foundation and why you are interested in this position.
Point Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to having the rich diversity of our community reflected in our workforce.
It is the policy of Point Foundation to provide equal membership, employment, and service opportunities to all eligible persons without regard to race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, physical ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, membership in any labor organization, political ideology/affiliation, and; for employment only, height, weight, and record of arrest without conviction, disability of an otherwise qualified individual, or any other legally protected basis, to the fullest extent provided by applicable federal, state, and local law. This policy applies to employment, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors and customers, use of contractors and consultants and in dealing with the public.