Point Foundation empowers promising lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer students to achieve their full academic and leadership potential – despite the obstacles often put before them – to make a significant impact on society.
Reporting to the Development Director, Engagement and Advancement, the Manager will be responsible for donor cultivation specifically focused on (but not limited to) Point Foundation alumni, Valedictorian Society donors, mid-level donors and other supporters. As part of this effort, the Manager will conduct research on mid-level donors to ascertain their viability as prospective major donors and will assume responsibility for a portfolio of these supporters. The manager will also lead host committees in their outreach efforts in select cities across the country. The Manager will also provide critical insight and support for overall development activities, including online and peer-to-peer fundraising.
Reports To: Development Director, Engagment and Advancement
Status: Full-Time Administrative Exempt
Location: New York
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the Development Department’s overall strategy and execution of its fundraising goals by bringing knowledge of current donor trends and external influences on the department’s everyday operations
- Maintain and cultivate a portfolio of donors, with a focus on alumni, Valedictorian Society, and mid-level individual donors, but also including select corporate and foundation partners, in coordination with the Development Director, Engagement and Advancement
- Conduct research on mid-level donors and advise on potential strategies
- Lead the design and implementation of a program to engage Point Foundation alumni in assisting with fundraising efforts
- Manage existing host committees, other volunteers, and independent fundraisers to initiate and maintain targeted donor outreach and engagement in select cities across the United States
- Provide support for planning and execution of Point Honors New York event, including outreach to prospective and past donors, tracking revenue and deliverables, and other tasks as appropriate
- Create cultivation and stewardship opportunities for corporate supporters and their ERGs (employee resource groups), in coordination with appropriate development staff
- Proficiency with Raisers Edge, including data entry, invoicing, gift and pledge entry, revenue reconciliation; tracking prospect assignments, including progress toward goals
- Provide input and support for activities including direct mail program, online fundraising, Trustee fundraising events, etc.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
- A demonstrated track record of fundraising is required
- Understanding of moves management and ability to solicit gifts
- Working knowledge of CRM systems such as Raiser’s Edge NXT, NetCommunity, Salesforce, etc.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills needed
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to grow and advance as a development professional
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Positive, cheerful, and professional demeanor
- Willingness to commit to the goals of Point
- Knowledge of the LGBT community and related social issues
- Commitment to the mission of Point
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility of work schedule, as many events and opportunities to meet current and prospective donors take place in the evening and/or on weekends
- Flexibility to travel within the United States
- Persistence/tenacity – not giving up
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Awareness of politics
- Team environment and collaboration with other staff members
- Willing to have a “roll up the sleeves” team player attitude
- Setting clear and fair stretch goals
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Managing time well
- Initiative/exhibiting a strong desire to achieve
- Proficient with Raisers Edge NXT donor software
- Able to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to mobilize volunteers in a variety of fundraising capacities
- Demonstrated creativity, resourcefulness, and flexibility
*The purpose of this job description is to provide an overview of the scope of the position. This is not a comprehensive list of duties/responsibilities.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and a resume.
Please use your cover letter as an opportunity to let us know why you would like to join our team at Point Foundation and why you are interested in this position.
Point Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to having the rich diversity of our community reflected in our workforce.
It is the policy of Point Foundation to provide equal membership, employment, and service opportunities to all eligible persons without regard to race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, physical ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, membership in any labor organization, political ideology/affiliation, and; for employment only, height, weight, and record of arrest without conviction, disability of an otherwise qualified individual, or any other legally protected basis, to the fullest extent provided by applicable federal, state, and local law. This policy applies to employment, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors and customers, use of contractors and consultants and in dealing with the public.